title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Hi.  My name is Judy.  Didja forget me?

Thanks Debra Edwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Merry Christmas.
========================
I am pleased to report that my internal traffic problem has been solved!! It took 7 days, but we are fine.

I am still dealing with severe back pain and don't know what to do about that.  There probably is nothing that can be done about it.  Spinal stenosis, degeneration of the discs, herniated discs and spurs.

It is getting very difficult for me to walk or stand very long, but.....

I suppose sitting here at the computer for 4 hours, working on this genealogy does not help, although I do get up every hour to walk to the bathroom and I walk out to get my mail.

It is just a constant pain, except when I lay down.  It doesn't impede my sleep at all and for that I am grateful.
===========================
I did make it to Maddies performance in the Nutcracker--13 years in a row now I have attended.  I kidded her that this might be her last year.  She's getting married end of May, I expect she'll be pregnant before December.  LOL


It seems like only last year, she was
dancing this role.

 I don't know how she finds the time.  She is in nursing school, plus works at the hospital, she teaches ballet, drops in daily to help an elderly woman and is planning her wedding.  She said that dancing is her way to wind down.  That it releases all her stress and makes her so happy.
====================

I finished the test pattern I was working on for the Baby Girl blanket.  The minute I posted a photo of it on Face Book, my cousin called and wanted to buy it from me for her expected baby girl great grand daughter.  I tried to explain to her that it wasn't perfect.  That in some places the spacing was off, but she insisted.




So I invited her to come for a visit Monday.  We had a good chat.  We talked politics AND religion and although we are polar opposites on the political side and she is a much more liberal christian than I am, we had a great time and we never ever called each other a name or got mad.  It was so nice to have company.
====================
My sister and I have solved the family not having the traditional Christmas EVE.  We are having our own!!!!!  I have ordered a book from Amazon to be delivered to her address.  She says she has presents for me.  Since there is a "no presents" policy this year--we can't very well give each other our gifts in front of the others, so....I will drive up to The Farm on Christmas Eve noon and we shall do our own thing.

That way, I can see all her beautiful Christmas decorations.  She goes all out with gorgeous trees in each room!!  and an all crystal and pink one in the living room.

I have put up none--well I did put up a cross stitch of a Christmas Angel and I threw a Christmas themed pillow on my couch and that's it.  

I can remember a few years ago, when an older friend announced that she was not going to put up a Christmas tree.  "How can you not do it?"  I asked.  "I will never, not put up a Christmas tree!  Never."

Yeah....well.  I have since apologized to her, because I am that way now.  
=================
Dar is back to work!!!!  Just like she maintained she would--nearly 3 years ago after her car accident.  When doctors, physical therapists and friends kept telling her to get used to it, that she would never work at cashier again, she always maintained she would.  I don't know why.  She doesn't need the money and she got a very good settlement from her accident.

For the past three years, ever since her Dad came to live with her, if she was at a doctors appointment and running a bit late, she'd call me and I'd have to run over and tell Dad, not to worry.  That she was just running late.

Now she leaves the 97 year old guy home alone for 8+ hours and doesn't seem to worry about him.  Dar is a very social person and she has just about gone nuts these past years, because she couldn't get out and be with people.

She is one of those kinds of people that has to go somewhere every day.  She gets into a panic if we get 2" of snow.  Even if it is only to drive to town to get coffee, she has to go every day.

Well, now she has a place to go.
==================
Pearl is not doing well.  Merle is the sick one with Parkinsons, but he still walks everyday and on Thursdays, after the garbage men leave, Merle comes along the street and brings everyone's garbage pail up to their door.

The ambulance has been to their house 3 times this month and it isn't even the middle of the month yet.  Pearl falls.  She doesn't faint and fall, she can just be standing in front of the sink and her legs give out and down she goes.  Merle can't get her up--she is heavy, so he has to call the ambulance.  The ambulance people now know and when Merle tells them, "she's all right, she's just fallen", they just come in the rescue truck or car and two guys get out and into the house and pick her up and put her in her chair.

I saw Merle and her daughter helping Pearl out of the house and down the steps and into the car so they could drive up town and go through the drive through for supper.  At least she had a treat that day.

They had a company put in a ramp two years ago for her, but she has never used it.  She says it is too far to walk on it and get to the car.  Trying to get up and down the porch steps gets her nearer where their car is parked.

I need to get down there for a visit--if I can manage to walk that far without crying from the back pain.Oh...that sounded selfish.  I'll get there one way or another.  Maybe stop on my way home from somewhere and walk from car to her living room and then drive myself home.  
===============
We were kind of concerned.  My son went in for his three month check-up and his "numbers" were up.  So he had to go back for an MRI.  The report showed that his tumors are still dormant, have not grown and he is still in remission.  The Doc doesn't know why his PSA numbers were up, but my son is fine.  

Of course, me not being on the "girls" text contact list, I am out of the loop.  So I e-mail my sister to find out what is going on.
==================
I guess that's it for my exciting life.  I will try and do better with my posting--I keep saying that and I keep failing.  Just know I'm okay, but real busy with this genealogy.  The biggest one I have ever done!  and   I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're ok. Christmas an unhappy time for many. My ceramic tree will be cleaned off and put on the piano tomorrow when I dust, and then maybe the tiny Nativity set. Red plaid throw on the sofa. I just cannot get into it much, but Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your post. I just checked yesterday to see if you were in cyber space. What a newsy post. Family report. Neighbor report. Health report. And craft report---I always knew you could sell your cross-stitch projects. It turned out great.

    I didn't up any Christmas decorations year either...just the cards that come in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, you are doing the best you can and I applaud you! It's truly a shame that doctor's can't "doctor" anymore in a patient's need for something to relieve pain. Mine said "either this or that, nothing else". So, like you I try to deal.

    Poor Pearl - I wonder if they have checked as to why she keeps falling or "losing her legs". If you've said, I don't remember. The times I've "lost" mind into the hospital, and then physical therapy - neuropathy.

    I'm glad your son is still in remission. It's a shame though that you have to ask Susan what's going on. I don't get that.

    That's great that you're loving the genealogy. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK who institutes a "no presents" policy on Christmas? I hate it when people "bah humbug" all over the month of December. I like to buy everybody a little something. So, good for you and your sister planning to rebel, although I'm so ornery, I'd exchange the gifts right in front of the Grinches. And so far I can't imagine not putting up at least one Christmas tree. It's no bother and it's such a happy sight during the holidays. I love the lights. I will admit though, I do less than I used to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the "no presents" policy was initiated by Karen for Pam and I, who can't afford it this year. Our gathering will be on the 27th, so it will be just a holiday family get together.

      Delete
  5. Hello Judy. Good to see you back on line. Have the same back problems along with the constant pain. Have been investigating CBD oil and it looks hopeful. If you have time look into it. Might be a miracle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have researched the CBD oil. It is not recommended for people on blood thinners, which I am. Michigan legalized Pot in November, so I'm thinking if I can just hang on, I'll get the REAL stuff, which also helps with pain, and the THC will make me not care about a thing. LOL

      Delete
    2. That's going to be your best bet, I think since CBC oil is out. I'm glad you had a great time with your cousin and you're going to your sister's for Xmas eve. I think I'm gonna drive down to Vegas or someplace sunny and Warmer for my "Xmas".

      Delete
  6. So glad you're back online!! I love your newsy posts! ;)
    No decorations here yet, so I guess that makes me one of
    Jenny's "bah humbug" people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best news is the report on your son. So much else can be handled, but health is one thing that if is the news is bad, can't be cured, so I am happy to hear he is doing fine. When I was young I hated holidays because everyone had someone and I didn't and I couldn't find the ho - ho - hoing was all that much fun. NOw that I am again alone it's hard to find the "JOY" of holidays. I just want to get it over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it's like this.......I used to decorate every surface in this house. Then a few years ago, it started taking 6 hours just to get the tree up and decorated. This year, with this back pain, I just couldn't make myself drag all those boxes out. No one comes to visit to see it. My sister said, "then just do it for yourself." So, in that case, if I am doing it for myself...I ain't doing it!!!!!!!!!! Like Angel, I just want it over and on to New Years. I don't need a Nativity scene or a Christmas tree to remind me of when my Lord and Savior was born--actually he was born in September. Just like I don't need a crucifix to remind me of the way He suffered to save my soul. That may sound crass--sorry. I'm happy and peaceful and calm and I'm fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to see you posting, Judy. Back pain is a real pain in the butt. I have it, too, but mine stops as soon as I sit down. Thank goodness.

    Poor Pearl. What a sad thing. Sounds like Dar is doing well. Who would have guessed.

    I love that red jacket in the photo with Maddie. Red is my favorite color. Maddie is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i feel terrible about the pain judy, no one should have to live in constant pain, it really wears you down!!

    the picture of you and your granddaughter ?? is so pretty, she is a beauty!!

    the blanket is coming out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Judy, I'm so excited for you as you work/research for this genealogy. It's a passion for you and passions--like writing for me--keep us occupied and filled with a sense of accomplishment.

    About your back. I had a very serious back operation in March 2017. I had four bulging lumbar disks and so I have a foot-long incision. The doctor told me to sit for only 20-25 minutes at a time and then get up and walk around and come back afterward for another 20-25-minute session. It really has made a difference for me. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As far as I know, this is the first time I've visited your blog. Very chatty. I read on and on and on. I was appalled to learn that someone could hack a blog and impersonate the author. That takes a lot of nerve! The pink baby blanket is very pretty. If I knew of any girl babies who needed a blanket, I'd want one just like it.
    Sorry about your back pain, but I know how fascinating genealogy can be. Not first hand, but my husband spends hours at the computer on his research. He's come up with some surprises! Surprise # 1 was a first cousin I didn't know I had. Then Ancestry.com dealt a few surprise cards to my husband as well. Seems one of his siblings had something of a double life.

    ReplyDelete