title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

What's The Point?

 What's the point in coming back to a blog I haven't posted in, in 8 months?

What's the point, when it is, as it is, and nothing is going to change?

Personality, I don't even see a reason to live.  But, apparently, my innards are too healthy to quit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all started August 16--I fell backwards in the bathroom. It didn't look or feel bad so I ignore it.  Besides I had a 3 molar extraction the next day.  On aug. 21, I fell==same spot in the bathroom.  My PT determined that I would go to ER

Off to the hospital...left (drop foot) is broken...4-5 and ankle and heel are sprained.  Rehab at a swanky place called The Willows..lucky we know the director and a couple of nurses to vouch for us or we'd never got in here.

Then the stress seemed continual:

I woke up one Sunny morning and Maggie the Cat was lying dead in the middle of the floor.  What do I do with a dead cat and no leg/muscle strength to take care of the situation?      Suggestions to put in a bag out on the porch--93 degrees that day.  Suggestion to just bag her and throw her in the garbage can--pick up the next day.  Thankfully, my friends -Pearl and Merle's daughter Marge, who had been caring for cats while I was in hospital, came, lovingly wrapper her in  baby, i had for her, put her in a vanilla scented trash-bag, into a small box and buried Maggie under the ornamental tree  I had planted 3 years ago.

Back in hospital 3 days later for heart stress test and heart catherteriz ation. rehab        Willows, back to hospital for breathing problems, rehab at Willows, home, hospital, rehab...then one morning, the kids, sister, doc, rehab people, all gather and with one united breath                                                                                                             state:"There has been a decision made by all of us, you are incapable of taking care of yourself, you will be staying here."

Well, okay--but at least one time back home to go through things? Hold my Buddy cat,  One night in my bed?

Apparently not, because they added reasons to it and stated it again.  That's when I screamed and the nurse later described it to be as a "catatonic reaction" to a shock that came on too fast.

That was a couple of weeks ago.  For a long time I just laid with my eyes closed.  I didn't respond or couldn't. 

I'm still confused about the whole thing.  Some one stuck in a place I don't want to be, but it's the best place for me.  I have to stay here. where it's the same every day, the people are nice, the food is good...just to keep me alive as long as possible,

I ask again.

What's the point?

10 comments:

  1. Oh Judy, sorry you have gone through all this & still are. Glad to see you updated, had been wondering about not seeing you on fb. When can I come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy for ME to say those stupid words,,, FIND SOME GOOD IN THIS. NOPE ID HATE IT TOO. ID BE PISSED AND CONFUSED AND JUST PLAIN WANT TO GIVE UP. But you can't you DO have to find some good in this. Watching you from the outside, I was worried. I for one know those places can suck big time. But you are a very strong woman. Yeah words again. But truth. Just to beat the odds and say you did it. Find some good, do not let this break you. If I could I would come pick you up and move you into my house. I really am sorry and I also know truth is one day I will be there. Beaten, broken, but I will fight with everything I have . I love you to pieces and so wish it was different. That you could have as we have said layer in the middle of the floor and just let them find us. Email me your worst emotions.... jayedewan@yahoo.com

    Love you. Biggest HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to here this. So sorry for your cat too. I was also worried since you had not posted for so long. I am glad you are able to post there. I wish someone in your family could let you live with them. I know how hard it is to live in the facility. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  3. Judy, I hate what's happened to you, but your family loves you, well we all do, and want you to be safe. I'm hoping as time goes on, you'll be more comfortable there. I don't think it be too very long before I'll be somewhere else too. I'm so glad you posted here so your friends that aren't on FB know what's happening. They care about you just as we all do. Take each moment at the time. I love you and want you to be as happy as possible in your new surroundings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still not sure how I landed here with you in the first place, but so thankful that you and I "met." Sending you love and hugs from far away, but trust that you will, as you always have, move onward and upward. Sending prayers that you will meet someone there who is like you -strong and sassy, and can keep each other company. It's all quite a shock, and I'm sure it feels overwhelming. Please keep in touch, and thank you for your always honest posts. Feel free to vent your frustrations here - you are safe, and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to you. I hope that you are able to find some joy in where you are life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Just springing all this on you at ONCE and not telling you that there would be a roommate involved. Please feel free to VENT as much as you want. I too am sorry none of your kids could invite you to live with them. Or your sister. At least you'd have your own room and a familiar home to walk/roll around in. One day at a time, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been watching for a post from you. Your blogs have always been a favorite of mine. Could be that we are both Michiganders-I live in Grand Rapids. Maybe with more time, you can get back to blogging,. I hope in time you can accept your new place and make friends with like pleasurers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy I'm so sorry that all this happened to you so abruptly. I'm sorry about Maggie, too. Shame on your family for not even allowing you to go hold Buddy and get some stuff from your place and sleep in your bed one more time. I'm so sorry and praying for you that you find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy I am so happy you are back! I was concerned. I checked back again and again and evidently by November I stopped checking, until today. I am so glad you're back. You mean so much to me. I am now reading your posts in order from this first one.

    ReplyDelete