title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 28, 2022

I promised I would post something in this blog every Sunday.  That didn't last very long.  It is hard to post when I am just angry at everything.  I have noticed that my lips are pressed together most of the day.  When I see myself in the mirror, I look like a grouchy, old woman--I guess mirrors don't lie.

I had an appointment with an electrical physiologist--to discuss the results of my heart monitor test and talk about Pace Makers. My daughter Karen wasn't home so my sister and BIL offered to drive 25 miles down here to take me and my sister would go in the room with me and take notes.

The appointment was at 2:40.  It started icing up at 2:00 and snowing by 2:30.  BIL brought his truck for the bad weather and I had a deuce of a time trying to get up on the seat.

We got there, the electrical guy came in, told me my heart monitor test was fine...that I didn't need a Pace Maker--probably never would and come back to the Cardiologist in six months.

COULDN'T HE HAVE DONE THAT THROUGH A PHONE CALL???

It took sister and BIL over an hour to get home!

==========

The next week Tuesday, I had an appointment for a CT scan with contrast on my left Kidney.  Karen took me.

I had an ultra sound on my Kidney's end of October. everything was fine.  .  I had a CT scan on my abdomen early November when I was in hospital, everything, including Kidney's was fine.  The second time I was in hospital, end of November because of my fall, I had a contrast CT scan on my innards and they found a teeny something on my left Kidney.  So I had to have this new scan.

I was told to be there an hour early, because I had to drink Barium.  Why would I have to drink that for a Kidney scan.  We got there an hour early and finally at 10 after 3:00--the appointment was for 3:30, Karen asked the nurse when I was going to get the "drink".

"Oh--your Mom doesn't have to drink anything.  You only needed to be here 15 minutes before your appointment."

ARGGH!

So in I went.  They popped an IV line in my arm--OUCH--I hate those things.  They took 3 passes without the contrast, then warned me I would feel warm all over and think I had to pee, and did 3 pases with the contrast.  I love the contrast--like how it makes me all warm inside.

The Tech came in, removed the IV, asked me how I felt and because I was feeling relief because it was over, I smart mouth replied, "That's the closet I've come to an orgasm in 20 years!"

She looked at me...old, skinny, wrinkled up woman and then she burst into laughter.  Every thing had been very professional until my comment.  I probably won't be able to go back there again.

The test results revealed, a 1cc cyst--BENIGN--get it scanned again in 4 years.

=======================

So there is nothing seriously  wrong with me.  All my innards are working just fine.  I should be happy and relieved, but I fell again the other day...landed on the cat food station which sent water and dry cat food up into the air and down onto me.  I had to butt-walk across the kitchen floor, with hard, dry cat food embedding itself into my bare hind end--as I only had my nightie on--to get to my recliner where I could get on my knees and pull myself up onto the seat.

All because of this dang dead-foot.  

6 comments:

  1. You still have your sense of humor, but I'd be bummed out too to have to go all that way in the winter to be told something that could have been done over the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH! When a phone call or televisit would suffice, you'd think they'd want older folks to stay off the road! And please spare me the drop foot thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are o.k. my brother had a bad fall from a tree and has a large thing by his kidney from that fall. He had a CT scan too. They made him go to the doctor for results. Now referred to oncologist because the want to do a biopsy even though they are almost certain it is nothing and caused from fall. He had huge bruise there from said fall. So at least you got out of it with only a recheck. Sorry about your foot, but happy you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this thing on my Kidney is also a result of the fall I had in late November. That "spot" wasn't there in October or early November. I thought they'd say something about a biopsy and was ready to refuse until after another scan in a couple of months. I hope it all turns out okay for your brother and I'd be willing to bet it IS from his fall and nothing else.

      Delete
  4. Well other than your dead foot problems sounds like you are relatively healthy. Warmer days are coming, and warm sunshine will help you feel better mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share this testimony with partners who are suffering in their relationship because there is a lasting solution. My husband left me and two children for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong only for my children, but I could not cope with the pain that tormented my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed help, so I did a little research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Ediomo, a spellcaster, can help bring lovers back. I contacted her and she made a special prayer and spell for me. To my surprise, after 2 days my husband returned home. So we were reunited, and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family. You can also contact Dr. Ediomo, a powerful decision maker
    1) get your ex boyfriend back
    2) Gather the husband or wife together
    3) If you have nightmares
    4) Cure for HIV and Cancer
    5) Powerful magic ring
    6) Talisman for good luck
    7) Overcome obsession
    8) Problems with childbirth and pregnancy. Contact E-MAIL: drediomo77@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete