title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, September 5, 2020

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

I have been working on a genealogy for a client that has taken on a life of its own.  She decided she wanted one done for her son, which is like hers, but with photos of his family added.  Then she decided she wanted one for her daughter, who has a different father, and then the daughter notified me that she also wanted her husband family done too--so that their daughter and grand children would have all their ancestor's in the same book.

My client's book is 162 pages, her son's is 170 pages and her daughter's is 240 pages.

I am starting to print out the books this weekend and of course am having printer problems--because that is just a Murphy's Law kind of thing.

Other than that, my grandson that was supposed to have a big wedding on June 6th, and ended up having a small wedding, on June 6th and their big reception this past weekend.  Most of us that attended the small wedding stayed home from the reception so they could invite more of their friends---because of the social distancing and only a certain number of people at gatherings in our State.

It was waaaaay too far away and too long of a weekend for me to tolerate anyway.  
==============
Other than that--I spent some time in the ER last week, chest pain and come to find out, it was nerve pain coming from my neck/shoulder blade.  They would give me nothing for the severe pain, telling me that nothing unusual showed up on the heart scans or lung x-rays, so they had no idea what was causing the pain.
I guess if they couldn't "see" the pain, it didn't exist and I was just some old, gray haired junkie trying to score some opiates?
One good thing came out of all of it, I found out my heart is strong and perfect and my lungs are clear and perfect too. The scans also showed my liver, kidneys, pancreas, gall bladder and even spleen are in great shape.
================
Other than that--I got my hair cut Friday.  This lady that Karen referred me to, is the best stylist for short hair that I have had in many years.  She is also expensive, or what I view as expensive=$40.00 for a cut and style.  I did her genealogy for her in a barter for my hair cut two months ago.  Friday I had managed to save $40.00 all month.  When we were done, she wouldn't take any money.  I asked if she would accept a Tip and laid a twenty dollar bill on the counter.  She didn't want to accept that, but she has a small salon and has been closed down.  Then she said that from now on my hair cuts would be $20.00.  I am thinking to myself that $25.00 sounds better.  I can get that much out of my budget every month--that's what I used to pay the stylist that couldn't cut short hair decently.
============
Other than that--I am finally over the anxiety that going back to the grocery store all masked up, hampered me for the first 2 months back.  Karen had done all my grocery shopping for 3 months and the first time I tried it on my own, the mask got so hot I couldn't breathe, there seemed to be too many people and I got anxious.  Well, I have now conquered that.  That's mainly how I get my exercise.  To the grocery store every week or 10 days and walk clear to the back and then over to the grocery department, up and down the aisles and finally out--about 3,000 steps.  My legs muscles are getting stronger now too--since I am back on schedule.
===========
Other than that--I have a bunch of doctor's appointments and yearly tests that I canceled in March to attend to this month.  AND, I have another genealogy awaiting me and still another one on the horizon.  I probably will be busy with them right up to Christmas time.

Are we going to get to celebrate Christmas with our families this year?

6 comments:

  1. Glad your tests in ER all turned out good but doesn't that just tick you off that they don't have anything to help with nerve pain like it's not real and is REALLY painful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been so busy, and in a good and productive way!! nerve pain can be crippling, most pain medication doesn't help with it, none that i have ever tried!!

    it sounds like you are in good health. and christmas with family, i'm just not sure!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are back in the grocery store. It is good exercise and it gets you out in the world for just a bit. I cannot imagine letting someone else choosing my groceries for me.

    Don't make plans for Christmas. it will come and we will celebrate in whatever manner we can. Our daughter, a minister, told us last night on our FaceTime call about her plans for Fall Celebration and Christmas play, all to be done virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! And you drove yourself to ER? Scary.

    I'm still buying food online and not even wiping it down. I wash my hands after putting everything away.

    Kate and family spent the day with Jesse's side of the family, outdoors. But she is still a nervous wreck about even doing that. Both boys went immediately to the shower when they got home.

    Holidays will be online for us, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knows what the holidays will look like this year? I pretty much chalked off the whole year as a bust as far an events go! As long as I get to see my kids and grands I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete