title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, May 31, 2020

My question of whether I should plant annuals this year was answered for me.

I decided since today is such a lovely day--well, 60 degrees and sunny is perfect weather to my way of thinking, and since I have been bored out of my gourd, I would drive on down to the locally owned garden center.
Lots of people. Some wearing masks, I chose not to as I was going to be outside.


The long walk from my car had started my back to hurting, but I grabbed a cart and off I went.


No Impatiens. The employee said, "This has been a weird year. We have never sold out this early." I replied, "I have never planted this late."

Went looking for Tiny Tunias instead--my color scheme: hot pink, dark purple and chartruse.

I couldn't find what I wanted, and then, it just got too much. Too many people. All the end of aisle arrows pointing the same way. I asked another employee how to get out. She pointed.

I left my cart at the exit and took a few steps and everything sort of seized up on my. Not just my back, but my hips and thighs.

I limped along, having to stop every 10 steps and lean on something than continue along.
I got to my car, leaned my head back and said, "It doesn't really matter, does it God. Let's just go back home."

I have lots of pretty perennials that are coming into bloom. I have Rose of Sharon bushes that will bloom in August. I probably would have had a hard time carrying the pieces of my 3-tier planter up to the front porch anyway, and the money I took out of my emergency jar, is back where it belongs.
It's all good

===================
This whole thing is really starting to get to me.
The lack of exercise and yet, like today, when I went to the store, I was out of Diet Pepsi..it was crisis time, there feels like there is too many people, too much noise.  The mask makes me feel closed in.  I start to feel panicky and all I can think of is getting out as fast as I can.
For a couple of weeks, in April, I sat and watched the News most of the day.  That isn't good for a person.  Hearing the same thing over and over, can get into a person's head and make them feel defeated.  So, I stopped doing that.

We had an incident the other day here in this quiet park.  All of a sudden two police cars drove in, EMS and fire truck.  An older lady up towards the front of the park, was out on her porch with a gun.  Threatening to shoot anyone who came near her and then going to shoot herself.  
What in the world?
Things like this don't happen in this park.  We haven't had a break-in or even drunken people fighting incident since I've lived here.  
They said she had suffered a breakdown and they took her in for a psych evaluation.
I could empathize with her.  

Dar had come running up on my porch, pounding at my door.  When I opened it, she breathlessly said, "Shelter in place!  There's a hostage situation up near the front of the park.  A guy has a gun, threatening to shoot the hostage and everybody else he sees.  The SWAT team is here and even the State police.  Pull your blinds and lock your doors.  I've gotta tell the other neighbor's!"

SWAT team?  State police?  Hostages?  My first instinct was to hop in the car and drive up to see what was happening.  But I didn't.  I also didn't close my blinds.  I figured if the SWAT team was any good, they had the guy under control.

It all lasted an hour and later we heard what had really gone on.  I think Dar is the last person I'd want to be with in a "real" situation.  She is overly dramatic.
==============
We are going to have nice weather this next.  Nice and cool.  Maybe I can get motivated to go out and pull the grass out of my front perennial garden.
Maybe?
Maybe not.
It really doesn't matter.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you can go out and enjoy your yard and do some yard work. Although I'm not fond of the work part, I do like to have a well kept yard to sit in and enjoy. Hope you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked for plants yet. I'll go on Tuesday but all I really want is a couple of geraniums for my deck.

    Dar sure is entertaining...weird but makes good Blogger fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Dar is overly dramatic, her reporting to you was way over the top. How sad that your back seized up when you wanted to buy plants, but your attitude is right to not stress about buying plants, not worth the aggravation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard will be beautiful even if you don't get annuals. We only put a few impatient plants in this year. Not as many as usual, but it will be enough.

    ReplyDelete