title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

For one who lives such a mundane life, I sure get busy at times!  Before I know it, it's bedtime and too late to post anything on here.  "I'll do it first thing in the morning."  Then the next day comes, with more distractions and.............I forget.  
I need to get on one of those, "I'll post everyday" kicks.  Hm-mm.  Every other day?  Twice a week perhaps?  I just know, I need to do better.
===================
Last Thursday, I had lunch with my Old School Pals.  There was only 5 of us, so it was easy to talk and hear each other.

One of the ladies, the one I have known since I was born, seems to be getting very senile.  Or something--I don't know what to call it.  She has always been an exaggerator, I've known that, some of the other's don't, so when she went off on one of her stories, I didn't bother to let on that over half her story came from some imaginary place in her mind.

Now--she has taken to a bit of paranoia in her stories.  The other day, she claimed that Beth's husband called her and told her never to call Beth on the phone again.  Never!  The rest of the gals looked a little stunned.  Then she went on with a tale of her voting experience and how she knew her ballot had been thrown away, how another of the people working at the polls had told her she couldn't vote after the age of 80, and that ALL absentee votes are not counted.

Ruth Ann, one of our gals, has worked at the township voting place for over 20 years.  She got a bit irate and started to tell Liz (senile) that she was absolutely wrong in her thinking.  Liz went on to tell Ruth Ann that she had been told these things and it must be different in her township.

Then Liz told us that Beth's husband is so mean to her.  He wouldn't allow her to take any of their stuff from their home to their new retirement condo.  Well, that remark sparked June into saying, "We were at Beth's last month for lunch.  All their furniture is what they had in their home.  She has all her antiques.  Didn't you see them?"

So Liz dropped that and went on to tell a story about how Beth's husband had offered to give one of us a ride home, but he kept stopping to run errands and it took 6 hours to get home.  I just kept on eating my Taco's and then Liz said, "Don't you remember, Judy?  It was you!"  My head sort of snapped up and I said, "Wasn't me.  Must have been someone else."

Now all eyes are on me.  Liz said, "You told me how tired and exhausted you were when you got home.  You said you thought maybe he was kidnapping you!"

"Wasn't me," I replied.  "I've never even ridden in a car with him."
================================
Pretty soon it was time to leave.  Liz got up to go, said she had to leave early to get home so she could curry and brush her husband's new registered race horse. (?)

I motioned for the other gals to wait a minute--when Liz left we all sat down and my other gal pal Sandy and I, who have talked a lot about Liz's problem, filled in the other gals with what is going on with her.  Sandy, who is a retired nurse said, "Don't confront her, just smile and nod and keep eating while she tells her tales." 

When I got home, I e-mailed Beth (who wasn't there) with all the sordid details of what Liz had said about her and her hubs and that her hubs had "kidnapped" me.  Beth's hubs and Liz's step-son are very good friends.  They are aware that Liz is falling off the edge.

What puzzles me...most senile people are forgetful, but she tells some of the same stories every month...with the same detail.
=====================
Saturday, Grand daughter Helene invited me down to her Mom's, daughter Karen's, to watch the MSU football game on their big TV.  Of course, Great Grand Della was there and now that she has warmed up to me, we had a great time.

Instead of downsizing when their kids moved out, Karen and Mark opened up one end of their small living room and built on a 30 feet extension.  With their 5 kids getting married and having babies and the way their family does everything together, they need more room now than when the kids were at home.

They have a 72" TV and a 15' curved couch.  I camped myself on one end, put up the recliner, pulled out my crocheting and was happy as a tick.  Pretty soon, Grand daughter Maddie came in with pizza's and salad.  We had a girls afternoon and it was lovely!!!  MSU lost and I didn't even care. :-)
=========================
Monday Beth came over with two cloth shopping bags full of her family tree research.  Different members of her family have done a lot of research on their family--even going to Europe to trace down other cousins, towns, churches.  

Beth wants me to sort through, organize and put it all into a book, like I do with other's genealogies.  Basically the research is all done.  The sorting through and figuring out to get it all in order to put in book form and be cohesive and understandable, may take a few months.  She mentioned one of the ancestor's on her mother's side has been traced back to Roman times!
=========================
Tuesday, I got a pattern and yarn to test for my Bonus daughter.  It's a pretty involved pattern.  I work the pattern and then tell her if there are mistakes in the writing of the pattern--that sort of thing, and crochet her up a "mock" item.  

This means, I have to figure out a work schedule for myself.  Work on the genealogy in the morning and the crochet in the afternoon and evening.
================
My yard guy got all the leaves up and put them up on the porch until next Monday, when he promised he would haul them out to the street for pick-up early Tuesday morning.



I managed to get a new furnace filter in place.  Vacuumed out my dryer tube.  Made sure all my windows are closed tightly and locked tight.  Got the humidifier ready to turn on.  I also got the yearly oil change on my car.  I had pushed the Trip Tik last year when I got the oil changed and found out yesterday, when I went to set it back to zero, that I drove all of 2,322.6 miles in a year.  Can you even imagine?  I think back to my working years and I drove 80 round trip a day.  Oh well, my 20 year old car only has 55,000 miles on it.  It is going to rust out before the motor gets bad.  LOL

This morning, I wended my way through the bags of leaves to get to my squirrel and bird feeders.  I have them all filled up and ready.

All this has been brought on by our early winter.  Last spring, we jumped from about 4 days of spring into an unusually hot and dry summer.  Then we had about 5 days of nice autumn weather and jumped into cold and snow.  We've had no Indian Summer.  Man--the earth is going through some climate changes for sure!
==============
I will sign off now and let you get back to your life.  I am feeling great physically.  Emotionally a bit heavy, snitches of worry trying to creep in, but very satisfied and happy with things.

11 comments:

  1. Sandy's advice for talking with people with dementia is exactly what is recommended but it's so hard to do at times. As I was reading that exchange it reminded me of talking to a friend a month ago when it dawned on me that either one of us had a clue what we were talking about and we should have. Scared me.

    Glad you had your "football party" with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing from you- I've missed you! Cold here in Tennessee way too early to suit me! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also missed you! Your posts are filled with interesting happenings and you have a way of making them fun. It's wonderful to have things to keep you busy; maybe helps ward off the worries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are as busy as a bee! That sounds like a great extension at Karen's--I can't imagine!:) I know you enjoy time with your family.
    Liz isn't driving on her own, is she??
    I hope you don't get eyestrain from research and crochet. You are an amazing, independent woman! You remind me of my mother. I sit and read her journals and think, " Am I adopted or something?!
    By the way, I hope it didn't rain on the paper bags full of leaves!
    Have you had snow yet? We're having a lot of rain, keeping farmers out of their final plowing. Friends of ours have been trying to help if they're able to use the equipment. Farming communities are good with that, thankfully!
    xoxos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am busy chasing an almost 10 year old around. Wow, you are amazing, creative and have fun, too. Winter is about to hit us tonight and this morning was pretty cold at the bus stop. Yesterday we had a few snowflakes in the air as the cold moved in.
    Isn't it great to read about Ernestine's progress. Gives me so much hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the blog. All of us check your site every day ... just in case. Misadventures has chosen to blog twice a week. That is my goal now also (different days!)

    I can't wait til the Maui tenant moves out. I think I would have 30 days straight of UNBELIEVABLE behavior since I advised her in October that I could not renew her lease as I am putting it on the market. I hope she moves out early and we can fit in one more vacation ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 days of stuff to BLOG about. My body needs a cleanse!

      Delete
  7. i feel like you have a nice life judy, aside from "some" of your friends and your money issues!! like i said last lime here, you make the best of things!!

    that's a lot of leaves!! our guys came this morning, right before 2 days of rain have been forecasted. the yard looks exactly the same right now as it did yesterday, what a waste!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always an interesting read! I got a new bird feeder and I'm so excited to see who comes to snack. Stay snug and have a great Thanksgiving. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're feeling well physically and happy in general.

    I hope I don't lose my mind. When she was about 96, my old friend told me that as long as you kept your brains and your eyesight, life would never get but so bad. :)

    I know what you mean about trying to set a time to post a couple of times a week. I've been busy lately, too. Who knew retirement would be so busy? Not me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great time at your daughters! Sometimes just being in the same room with people is enough!

    ReplyDelete