title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, July 12, 2018

I have to tell you about the weirdest, strangest and mind boggling thing that happened Tuesday night.

I was sitting in my recliner, not paying too much attention to what was on the TV.  My cats were sitting in front of me like they wanted something.

All of a sudden, I thought of cat treats.  I haven't purchased any cat treats for my cats in a year.  I reached over to my table, grabbed the little pad that sits there and wrote down Cat Treats--thinking I would get them some the next time I go to the store.

I laid the pad back on the table and heard my neighbor "you hooing" from the porch.  I went over and opened the screen door and she said, "God has been bugging me all day to get you some cat treats."

She works at Pets Mart and handed me a sack with two XL bags of cat treats.  I just stood there with my mouth hanging open.  "Don't you want them?" she asked.

I said, "Tammy, come in and sit down you gotta hear this!"

Serendipity or........................God Whispers?
==============================
I was up at the Food Bank and saw Pearl's daughter Marge, just ahead of me.  She provides for her daughter and the two grand babies too, so she had a cart full.

She went through the check-out ahead of me--by then she had a cart and a half--I heard them say she was allowed 130# of food and she could have two gallons of milk this month instead of the normal one.

She went out to load her trunk.  I had 21# is all, I'm allowed 60#..  They asked me if I wanted cheese and I said, "No."

As I walked out, Marge was coming back in for her second cart.  "I thought we were supposed to get the government cheese?"

"Yes." I said.

"Hm-mm.  They didn't ask me if I wanted any.

I loaded up my trunk and was walking back in while she was still unloading.

I pushed my cart back inside and asked the guy that I know, "That lady in front of me didn't get her cheese."

"Oh, she has to be old to get that."  I stared at him.  "Ah, I mean older."

"Well she's got kids to feed.  She needs it more than I do...clogging up my arteries.  Ah...since I didn't get mine, can I change my mind and get it?"

He looked at me and winked.  "Sure," as he handed me the big block of cheese, "but you have to know, any exchanging of food can't be done within our sight."  Big smile.

So I walked back outside and over to Marge's car and said "You can't get cheese until you get older.  I can.  I don't like it, so please take mine."

She hugged me.  I got in my car and smiled all the way home!

Serendipity.
===========================
Today I had lunch with my Old School Gal Pals.  Only 5 showed up so we got to sit close enough to talk.  The two ladies that dominate the conversation weren't there.  We had a very pleasant time.  

The heat is coming back tomorrow, so, once again, I will be locked up in my house, blinds drawn, A/C running for as long as the siege lasts.  I hate it!

12 comments:

  1. I think your cats heard Tammi rattling the cat food bags and they started staring at you to give them some. What a fun thing to happen, no matter what caused that chain of events.

    I'm surprised they are giving cheese to whoever wants it. We have a huge surplus of government cheese right now.

    Isn't it funny how the presence or absence of one or two people can change the dynamics of a group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, stay cool as much as possible. I had read on FB the other stuff. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and glad you had a nice lunch with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading that first attention-getting sentence up there, who could resist reading this post? No one.
    Our hot/humid weather is back, too.
    Funny story about the cat treats. I'm sure your cats appreciated it. Um. Do cats appreciate anything? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the movie serendipity, one of the great love stories!! great story here too!!

    our heat has been just like a roller coaster ride, i am grateful for the cool days!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I always enjoy reading your posts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really uncanny when events as you describe occur. Hm-m-m, do you suppose there was some sort of thought transfer, or maybe you’re psychic and just haven’t recognized it if you’ve had other such experiences. I don’t think God spends his time on such little things as too many big affairs going on when you consider the vastness of the universe, and earth being little more than a speck of dust. But what do I know. Glad the gal got the cheese thanks to your quick thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a precious story about the cat treats! God surely does provide. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Judy, thank you for stopping by my blog today. I'm so glad you did because I got to stop by your and read about the God Winks/Serendipity--or whatever we call those moments that connect us so closely to one another in the Universe. What a blessing you were and are in Marge's life. She and her family will so enjoy that cheese. And the cats will so enjoy the treats. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when things like that happen, don't you! It's a wonder your cats hadn't texted your neighbor behind your back.
    Sorry all your girls didn't get there -- it is so hot, maybe they stayed in.
    She wasn't old enough to get cheese? Whaaa?

    ReplyDelete
  11. who knows why those things happen but I love that they do.
    Really kids need cheese more than older people I know I have backed off from cheese. We just came out of the heat again how I hate it.
    have a great day
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete