title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, August 28, 2017

One-Eyed Jude

This is making it difficult to type, but I am determined!!

 

My eye started itching on Thursday.  Friday was scratchy,  Saturday I could hardly see out of it and Sunday it was swollen shut.  I thought I probably had conjunctivitis, but it hurt so bad I drove on up to the ER.

They found a small piece of grit in the cornea, toward the lower part.  The consensus was, that since the only place I had been in 5 days was the dentist, some of the tooth polishing grit that they use flew up into my eye.  I remember feeling it, but thinking nothing of it.

I got two prescriptions, one a soothing drop to use 4 times a day and an antibiotic gel to use at night.  Call my ophthalmologist if it doesn't improve.
========================
The hole that the ground bees went underground was right under where I stand to empty out the trunk of my car.  I love how they made tunnels leading to and from the nests.

Apparently squirrels had shoved some peanuts down the hole 
and the rain had moved them over by the nest.

                                Egg cells that will never hatch. 

They emptied 2 cans of Wasp and Hornet spray on the nest.
Apparently the bees didn't mind because they kept hovering.

The guys came back this morning to remove the rest of the cement.  The first thing the guy in the Bobcat did was load a bunch of dirt on top of the next.


When the kid in the green shirt bent over to lift up a piece of cement, I yelled, "WATCH OUT!"
He jumped and ran.  "Did you see bees?" He asked.  "Nope," I said.  "I just wanted to see if you were ready!"
 ...and they still won't let me drive or even ride in the Bob Cat--something that is on my bucket list!!


They apologized for the delay and said I'm gonna love it when it's done.
I asked, "Might that be before Christmas?"
The kid in the green shirt replied, "We're shooting for Thanksgiving."
The thing of it is, when they finally pour the cement, it has to cure for 7 days before I can park on it.  I have found a new parking spot that is only 50 steps from my house.  The other one out by my shed was 80.  I think when I have to tote in groceries, I will just back up on the part of the driveway that hasn't been destroyed.  
============================
Darlin' Della is 10 months old.  

"They" all like to say she looks like her Daddy.
I have photos to prove them wrong and Karen and I know,
she is the spitting image of her Grandma Karen.  HAH!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Think I'll keep my eyes closed at my next cleaning!
    It is interesting what goes on under the ground. We have fire ants, very tiny little stinging things, and they can push up a mound of dirt overnight. People who have stepped on one of the mounds, without knowing it until the ants start up their pants legs, stinging as they go, have been known to strip off those pants as quickly as possible. Remember how I compared the city traffic to those ants whenever I kick their mounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baby photos look like the same baby.

    Wow, what a freak accident to happen to your eye! Looks really uncomfortable but I'm glad it's not permanently damaged.

    That bee's nest is scary! I'm allergic to them so you wouldn't have me out there taking photos like brave little you are. We had a ground bee's nest at my house once and Don poured gas down the holes and lit them on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell the dentist to cover YOUR EYES next time!

    Oh Della is Karen, for sure! :)




    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Della, be still my heart. So beautiful.

    I knew someone who had a very old house. When they had to do some work on the fireplace, they found a huge hive of bees. Unbelievable.

    I hope that eye improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got some medicine. That looks terribly painful, and hard to do any stitching or typing! At least your Spartans probably start playing this week! Take care, and that Della is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dentist gives me protective glasses to wear.....

    Glad your experience wasn't worse! But next time, you "feel something," pay attention. But I know. I'm the same way... Oh it will be ok. But I'd have called our eye doc, before you did. ,-)

    Yes, you are right. those 2 baby pics, look alike. :-)

    Yikes, about the continuing bee saga!!!!!!! Did anyone else around there, have bees??????? Nope, I bet not.

    Take care!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only imagine how your eye was testing you. I can relate, though, to the pain since I once stuck the curling iron to my eye. :(

    Seems like a long process to get your driveway fixed. Yeah the bees, yikes.

    Della is the spitting image of Karen. Both so adorable.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dentist gives clients sunglasses to wear during every procedure...now I can see why! Sure hope your eye is better soon. Those baby photos are adorable. Can't believe Della is that old...time flies! And she looks EXACTLY like her grandma. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are being plagued right now, but I do see it is assuaged a bit by Della's cuteness. What a bright and beautiful baby!
    Hope the eye clears up soo. Looks very sore and uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy, I'm glad you figured out the eye problem, anything with in your eye can be so uncomfortable. Hopefully the drops they gave you will take care of the problem. It sure looks sore in the pictures. Sweet baby Della what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete