title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 29, 2013

Here I Go




I have been wanting a new blog for a couple of months.  Now that has been brought about out of necessity.  I was unaware that any member of my family even knew I had a blog, let alone knew the address to it.  Apparently, there was a family "spy" and apparently that spy saw something I posted about my youngest and they told her.  YIKES!!

I don't know which post it was--maybe something I said when my step-mom was in Hospice or the time I posted about going to youngest church and how I felt they were avoiding me--who knows.  Anyway, she is so mad at me that she may never speak to me again.  Which really wouldn't be any different then the way she normally treats me, so.........

Anyway--I deleted my other blog--oh yes, I have it stored on my hard drive and someday, if I want, I can import it back here, but.....

I felt so stymied in what I could write that it wasn't worth posting anything.  I want my blog to be where I can post whatever is bothering me--what is happening in my life--whatever I want and feel and...with family members reading it--there is no way I could be open, honest and write anything without someone taking offense.

I have had problems with things I have written before.  Once, I wrote a private letter to my step-mom and she showed it to all my kids and my sister.  I wrote a private letter to my Daddy once, asking him a question about why I had never received the inheritance from my grandmother, and he showed it to step-mom, who in turn showed it to my kids and my sister--and who knows who else.  My mother told me a long time ago, "Don't write anything you wouldn't want brought out in a court of law."  Very wise woman she was, but...I guess I never learned that lesson.  Once I posted on Face Book that my daughter was going in for back surgery and I requested prayers.  That daughter heard about it and was mad.  "Mom, if I had wanted people to know, I would have posted it myself!"  GEEZ--I am always in trouble.  Too much time on my hands I guess.

This blog will not show up on any search engines--it will not be listed in e-bloggers list of blogs--hoping to keep it quite private and only for the readers I already have.  My trusted blog buddies who always give me good advice and love with their comments.

I will continue to work on the design of this thing--right now I can't seem to figure out the layout and how to change my profile picture and all that stuff--but--bear with me.  Soon I will be back to writing all kinds of stuff that none of you really want to hear, gossip about Dar that you all want to hear (LOL) and just the feelings of an ordinary, older woman.  All the fears, the questions, the ponderings and probably family stuff.

Thanks.  Love to all-----

17 comments:

  1. good morning Judy, so glad i am able to read your new blog i would have missed you! im glad you are doing this too good for you. family can be soo hard at times! my sister who died made a mountain out of everything and lots of drama. hopefully shes happy now cuz we are much more drama free. of course miss her but can see even her kids seem relieved they dont have to worry bout their mom.
    i like the look of your blog to even tho you said you still have work to do on it. enjoy your day judy, spring is finely here... even had my son put in the air conditioner while home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are here. Hopefully your daughter will look at what you wrote and see you are just working out your feelings. I never read anything about your girls that I would be upset about my mom writing about me. I would miss you if you didn't write ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found a 'safe place' to write. I keep my blog open to invited readers only so that I CAN be completely open and honest with no potential hurt feelings from anyone.

    Like your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO glad you gave me the address of your new blog, Judy. And I'm also happy that you now have a safe place to write your true feelings. Everyone needs an outlet where they can get some emotional release by sharing their thoughts and feelings with others. I'm happy to be one of those "others." Your writing makes me chuckle.

    Have at it, girl! Build you that new blog site you've always wanted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you included me in your list of blogger friends.Sometimes we have things that are on our minds....that we need to air out. A blog can be a form of therapy for people.You must love to write as many of us do...and I love to read what you've written and comment when moved to do so.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew....Judy, so happy you are back, although, I am sorry it had to happen by being found out. The new page is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you had to change blogs but I'm sure glad you let me know where it was! I hope your daughter doesn't stay mad at you for long. I hope some day she realizes how precious a mother is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for letting me know the address of your new blog - I would have hated it if you had disappeared into the 'blogosphere' without any trace!
    All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I first wanted my blog to be like a diary or something that my grandchildren would have to know more about my life. Then - things got too personal on the blog. They know there is one, I think, but they don't know where.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting us know. I'll change the addy.

    My 'kids' know I have a blog, but even if they tried really hard, I don't think they'd find it. I've mentioned the name of it a couple of times but it went right over their heads just like anything else I tell them. :)

    I never did read anything you wrote that I think someone in your family would take offense to. But, then what do I know? It's a shame though that someone would tattle on you.

    PLEASE keep writing and for heaven sake, YES we want the Dar stories.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Category on Jeopardy tonight - "onwards" and "upwords" - lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww that really sucks. I was shocked when I went into your old blog today and found it gone. Probably best that you switch it over to invited readers only.

    Take care and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS .. If you need any help in blogger let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy,
    This is my nightmare. A relative found another blog of mine a few years ago. I hadn't written anything untoward on it, but I mentioned an uncle who was toward the end of his life. I was very sad and a relative saw it and my uncle eventually saw it. I felt so bad. I didn't want him to know how worried I was. He never said an unkind word to me but he was very proud and I would rather he was not bothered with my concerns about his condition. I closed the blog and moved on because I knew every relative in North America and beyond would show up. That's one way to boost your readership. :)

    I had a teacher in high school who told us never to say, write or do anything we wouldn't want to see in the headlines the next morning. Sheesh. She didn't even know about twitter and Face Book and blogs. :) She and your mother were very wise.

    I think your daughter will come around, but she may have some issues of her own that you have no impact on. It's hard to tell.

    I'm so glad you're carrying on with this new blog. I thought something like this had happened when I could not find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG I love the stuff about Dar... What a character.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have had that same thng with my family n the past... If you might remember I have gone private a few times. Now I just dont give a rats ass...... what I write where ever I write I figure if ya dont want to read it... Just DONT!

    ReplyDelete