title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, July 26, 2021

 Well, you'd think I could keep up with this blog more than a post every six weeks!

I'm still in physical therapy--nearly 3 months now.  My legs are getting much stronger, but I have what they call a "Drop Foot" on my left side.  I can't lift my toes off the floor, so I take a step with my right foot, heel-toe, and then my left foot just drops on the ground.  I look very similar to how Frankenstein walks.  

The pain in my lower back is better.  It will never go away, but at least it isn't constant anymore.  

My unreliable car, is still unreliable--I drive it 4 miles-round trip, on Tuesdays and Thursdays to the PT.  That makes me frustrated!  I just want to be able to get in my car and drive up to The Farm and visit my sister and my hometown.

The weeds in my garden are taller than my beautiful Lilies.  My front porch needs to be painted, but my balance isn't good enough yet to do any of those chores.

Mobility issues, they call it.  I know what I'd like to call it, but God told me not to swear anymore.



9 comments:

  1. Judy I am so glad you posted. I was getting worried about you. I am glad you are getting along o.k. I wish I lived closer and I would do your weeding for you. I love working in the garden. I wish you had a more dependable car too. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Please keep us posted when you can. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you catching everyone up. We bloggers do worry about the missing. Sorry about your need for PT. I had something similar to a dropped foot for a couple of years after a mini stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you posted. I notice as I age that health can change in an instant sometimes. Keep up your good work with the PT and I hope your dropped foot heals completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your foot drop. A younger friend’s husband has the same problem. Glad you’re having P.T. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the hard work of PT. We really do miss your blogging ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Judy--it's wonderful that you are being so good to yourself and are continuing the therapy and also setting goals for yourself (ie. driving to visit family). I'm sorry that you are having these mobility issues. They really have affected your life and as is said--Put a crimp in your style!!! I so hope that as the next weeks past you will become much more able to walk easily, with balance, and without fear of falling. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Well, I think God also told me not to swear! I'm not blogging like before either just catch/can whatever.

    Prayers for you Judy. If I could I'd go there and help you; the two of together might be like one. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, keep moving and keep blogging. Good for the body, good for the mind, good for the soul. You can get back in gear if you just persist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Judy, mobility problems/balance problems force us to truly find new ways of getting around our house and staying upright and safe. I'm so glad that you are--mostly!!!!--being kind and considerate to yourself and taking care that you do your exercises and live aware of what your body needs and is doing at any given moment. This aging thing demands a lot of us, but as a friend reminds me, "Dee, at least you're alive!" Peace.

    ReplyDelete