title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Here, in Michigan, we are trying to break a weather record set in 1954.  Consecutive days in the 90's.  The old record is 11 days...I think we are on day 9 or 10.  I don't remember us getting all upset back in 1954.  July was supposed to be hot and of course, we didn't have weathermen coming on every hour to tell us how hot it was or that we had set a record.  It was miserable, I'm sure.  Just like it is miserable now.  The main difference?  Now I live in an air conditioned house.  Back then, it was, lay on top of the bed and try and sleep while sweat poured off you and made the bed soggy.
================
I saw a memory on my FB page this morning.  11 years ago I wrote, "Life is not the way it is supposed to be. Life is the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."
I was a lot smarter back then.  While the statement is true, I'm not coping very well with all that is going on.
I feel restless, but am not motivated to get out and go anywhere.  It's too hot.  I don't want to have to wear my mask.  I need to save the gas.
So, I prowl around the house and then, end up sitting in my chair, watching something dumb on TV and cross stitching.  I have even been know to fall asleep in my chair and take a nap around 4:00.  I am not a napper and don't want to get into that habit.
Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment to get a hair cut.  It's been nearly 7 months.  I'm hoping that will make me feel like a new woman.  I'm getting awfully tire of this old one!

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. I can't get motivated to do the things I should be doing. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked that Virginia Satir quote about life not the way it is supposed to be... She died in 1988 but that quote has lived on and probably will forever.

    The heat I can take, it's the lack of rain that bothers me but we got 3 inches today all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all are having a hard time being motivated these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. We're roasting here and I thank God for A/C and for my pool, in which the water is a bath-like 88 degrees but which feels wonderful when you're submerged up to your neck. I have yet to wear a mask. I seldom go out and when I do, I don't get near anyone. I was pretty much that way already so not much has changed. I don't like being manipulated, controlled, and lied to by the government. That's the most unsettling part of all. But don't get me started. xoxo

    ReplyDelete