title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, April 21, 2019

I guess I didn't realize how the whole water heater fiasco was affecting me emotionally.  Stress.

The independent plumber who said he'd do it--did not return 4 of my calls when I told him I was ready.

The bottom rusting and leaking--I kept imagining the whole bottom giving way (as the one did right after I moved in here) and having another 40+ gallon flood in my bedroom.

Knowing the floor underneath, holding up all that weight, could collapse and water heater shift downward, snapping off gas and water lines.

Having to dig through piles of clothes to find something to wear.

Biggest worry about the cost.

I lost 7 pounds in one month.
===================
On Wednesday I went up to Home Depot--having researched and found they sell water heater's for manufactured homes.  They had the one I had found on-line and the salesman and I set down to write up the deal.

However--they could find no plumber contractor's who wanted the job.

After a few calls, the salesman bent toward me and said, "Why don't you just get AAA Service to do it?"

Well--duh!  They put in my new furnace 6 years ago and are very highly recommended in this area.

The salesman called them and let me talk to the receptionist.  Good to go.

The receptionist called my "special daughter" and got her credit card number and I was in business.

It was set-up Friday.  I had attached the hose and drained as much as I could so they wouldn't have to spend time on that.

There was 8" of lime sediment in the bottom of that tank and, come to find out, the one I've had for 13 years, was not made for a manufactured home.  The bottom vent wasn't sealed, so a bit of carbon monoxide has leaked out all these years..whenever the furnace came on and pulled air from the rooms.

It took them an extra hour to modify and get it in place.  They didn't charge extra.  The total price was the same as the original quote.  The guys were great.  They let me watch and explained things along the way.
=====================
I left the door on the closet and the water heater open all Friday night to dry out, although the guys tested the floor and it was stable.

Saturday, I closed up the door on the water heater space and hauled all my clothes, that had been lying in piles all over my bedroom floor, back in the closet--spring and summer clothes toward the front.

Then I vacuumed up everything and decided to mop the hallway and kitchen, which hadn't been mopped since before Christmas.  Cleaned up the kitchen.

Today, I can barely walk!!  

I keep forgetting that everything is okay now and even taking my shower this morning, I kept waiting for the hot water to run out.

It's all going to be all right now.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you're back in business. We take hot water for granted until we don't have it anymore. Happy Easter. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! Hot water!!! What an ordeal for you and I'm so glad you found a great installer. And a benefactor! Even better.

    Believe it or not, I used to backpack and camp a lot back in the day. The best part? Coming home to hot water with the simple turn of a faucet, lights using just a switch, toilet and hot showers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad that's been taken care of. We sure do miss things like AC, hot water and electricity when they go away. Glad all is well again. Have a brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad it is over
    take care of yourself
    I am still trying to gain 10 lbs I lost through heart problem
    eating all I can and even in the middle of the night a snack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my. What stress! Did you sleep well that night? Having the new water heater must feel like such a luxury. Long showers. Ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got your water heater issues resolved. It’s so infuriating when service people don’t respond after saying they well. Fortunately my recurring power problems starting last week have been resolved, I think, as of today and did get addressed promptly. Maybe you can begin to relax de-stress now with your situation in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure glad the hot water heater is a done deal!
    I stay stressed, but it puts weight on me. Wanna trade?!😏

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness. I like a clean house, but what a way to get one. Glad it is done now.

    ReplyDelete