title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, August 13, 2018

Karen sent me this photo of Della playing with Maddie's 20 year old toys I made or bought for her.  I wonder how that Unicorn is still so clean looking?  Piglet looks a little frayed.



Karen and Mark just got home from a two week visit to their second child, Susanna, who lives in Portland, Oregon.  They did a lot of hiking the trails in OR and also Washington.


She'll be starting back to teach pretty soon.

My tub garden is growing and yielding, but I think I have a fail with my cucumber experiment.


My cukes look like commas!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my, maybe some really tiny comma-shaped pickles? But them I'm a pickle addict. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Della's growing so fast. Such an adorable little girl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought Madeleine that Unicorn while she was with me on a weekend visit. She named it Darla. Some many kids have played with it. I think it cost all of $10.00 at Toys R Us back nearly 20 years ago.

      Delete
  3. How adorable to get a photo of Della with the toys you made! Your cucumbers look like tomatoes. If you cut one open be sure to show us what they look like inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet photo of della!!

    they are funny looking cut's, maybe you needed more miracle grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweetie with her toys. We only grew tomatoes this year
    have a great day
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just an experiment on the cukes.
      I grow tomatoes every year.

      Delete
  6. Hi Judy. What happened to the woman in shadows (art of grief)? She hasn’t posted in a long time
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is on Face Book, but doesn't post very often there either. Both of her Scottish Terriers died, within like a month of each other. She works at a food store where they sell cheese and pizza and stuff like that.

      Delete
  7. It seems to me that Della's favorites are frayed because they've been much-loved through the years! She's so perfectly cute!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, forgot my son and his family are vacationing at Lake St. Clair in your state! They're loving it---Musky fishing. It's on David's bucket list, while Kat is vying for the championship! Reminds me of me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so sweet! You must be very proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well--I rarely see her and when I do, if I get near her, she starts to cry. Something about me has made her scared of me since she was about 6 months old.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the good information we share. I like your blog very much. I like to eat a lot and I will try to follow you.
    ธรรมชาติและสัตว์ป่า

    ReplyDelete