title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Here I Am!

I'm still here!  Still standing!  Just been busy.

Genealogy stuff.  I get so involved, I don't pull my head out of the tree top, for hours and hours.
==================
Well, let's see--it snowed 3 inches.  Then two days later, it snowed 9 inches.  So far this past week it has cost me $45.00 to get my driveway cleaned 3 times.  I thought I would get a budget break now that I don't have to pay $40.00 a month for lawn mowing.  I think we have enough snow for the entire winter--just my opinion.

Had to miss the Old Gal Pals luncheon--they called it off and rescheduled it for this Thursday, which is a good thing.  It's suppose to be 40 and sunny this Thursday.

My SS raise was $20.00 a month, so to the welfare people, that signifies an income increase so they cut my food assistance from $28.00 to $19.00 a month.  Even though expenses have increased.

There are percentages and cut-off amounts involved.  It is all very complicated on how they get to their assistance amount.  I am allowed expenses of $547.00 a month, with an income of $1,000.00, to get assistance.  Even if the expenses are more, that doesn't count.  My cut-off is $547.00.  So, with my $20.00 a month "income increase", my income went up to $1,001.00.  One dollar more than I am allowed.
Thus the decrease in food assistance.

Makes a whole lot of sense, doesn't it?
===================
I have been paying my house insurance monthly.  $30.00 a month.  To save money, "they" switched me over to paying every six months.  It saves me $10.00, but the six month payment came due the first of December and I didn't expect it.  $170.00 all in one swoop.  So I am paid up, until June, at which time, I will go back to paying it monthly.  Egads!!
=============
Oh--why do I post about my financial problems?  It makes me embarrassed, but you are the only ones I can talk too.  Plus, just think how great and blessed it makes you feel to NOT have such problems.  LOL
===============
I have all my presents wrapped and packed in canvas grocery bags to take with me Thursday.  I will stop in at sister's on my way home and put them under her tree, so that I don't have to tote them all in on Christmas Eve.  Good idea.  Right?
=============
Have a great pre-Christmas week.  Rejoice on the 21st--the Winter Solstice as that means---the days will be getting longer!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, sorry your finances are so tight. Good idea to take all your Christmas gifts to your sister's home in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 21st is also Jase birthday; he turns 4 and I can hardly believe it. :)

    If it makes you feel better to talk about finances, then that's a good thing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't understand why you keep your financial woes from your kids, especially the ones who are well off enough not to miss helping you out. I'm sure you helped them out when they were young.

    Enjoy your gal pal lunch next week. I'm going to one tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm sick of talking to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes total sense to SS, I'm sure! Not us!
    I wish you'd let your children know you need help, but I also know I wouldn't either!
    I hope Christmas will be spent with as much family as possible! I think we'dstaying home this Christmas. We just visited them at Thanksgivving, and I just don't have much spirit to go back this soon. Christmas at home with hubby sounds like a quiet, pleasant time right now. Wish Thanksgiving an Christmas were further apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not share finances with my kids because, none of them could help very much and I wouldn't want them to feel bad about it. If my youngest Jennifer has any extra money, she sends it her oldest sister Pammie, and I'd rather see that. Jen and her hubs are building a new home in New Jersey. Karen and her hubs just added an addition to theirs. Pammie has a hard time financially and my son, he wouldn't part with a nickel to save his soul--tight--like his Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is practiced in some of these assistance programs defy common sense. I know there can be various reasons to not always share financial info with adult children. But by and large I think it’s important in most cases for the children to know about the parent’s financial situation in conjunction with all the other matters that are part and parcel leading up to final wishes whether or not they’re in a position to offer assistance. Can appreciate your not wanting to burden children but it might be better to reveal all in the long run for everyone’s benefit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness we are friends on Facebook or I would have been worried!

    I agree with Jean about using some of the money that your sister is "holding" for you. If these aren't "rainy days" nothin is! Use it while you need it! I think most of your family would be caring and understanding about your financial predicament. You worked when you were able!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! The shortest day is on the horizon. It's the day we'll mark our eldest granddaughter's thirteenth birthday. Your snow sounds charming and very good plan, to take the presents along to your sister's a bit early. Finances are on my mind all the time too, so you're not the lone ranger. I am grateful that I don't have to worry about it by myself, though. God bless you, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandson was born on Dec. 21, so we always celebrate. :) So sorry about your money woes. I hope you don't have too much snow this year. I know it is an added expense.

    ReplyDelete